Skip to main content

Geocaching and the July Cache Advance Cache Crate

 Good morning everyone.  This week we stop in Utah for it's oldest and most favorite geocache.  'Potter's Pond'  GC3B is the  most favorite cache and the oldest.  Hidden on August 27, 2000, it has been found 1,629 times and has 793 favorite points.  The cache with the second most favorite points is also the most found cache.  'Bryce Canyon National Park - Inspiration Point' GCHQMX.  This virtual was placed in February of 2004.  It has 640 favorite points and has 4,240 found logs.

My July Cache Advance Cache Crate arrived this week.  This is the first crate I've received since May and first to arrive at my new address.  Even though I have mail forwarding, the June Cache Crate didn't get rerouted.  The tracking code says it was delivered last month.  Where it got delivered is a mystery.  It's time to see what's inside that will get me outside.  

I don't open the box completely.  I have it open just enough for me to reach in.  First out is the bill of lading.  I'm not paying attention to what is written on here.  I'll double check after the box is empty.  It's more fun not knowing what I'll pull out of the box next.  


First out is a container.  You can never have too many containers.  Either for hiding a new cache, or replacing/maintaining and existing one.  The current book that I'm reading is in the background.  I've been reading this one for awhile.  Hopefully I can get it done while I'm camping.  For those who don't know, Myles Goodwyn is the founding member, writer, guitar player and lead singer for the Canadian band April Wine.  Anyways...  Getting back to the Cache Crate. 

 


Next out is a Rite in the Rain log book.  Very handy to have for medium to larger caches.  A recent cache that I found last month had a Rite in the Rain log book in it.  Good thing as the lid was missing from the container and the contents was wet and grungy.  I was still able to sign my name in the book. 

 


Next out is a Memory Lane pin.  How is everyone doing with the Memory Lane virtual challenge?  I'm one cache away from getting the fourth souvenir.  Some geocachers have completed this shortly after it started.  I'm taking my time.  I have until the beginning of January to complete it.  I don't even remember the last time I completed one of these virtual challenges.  


A Celebrating 20 years of Geocaching patch is the next item out of the crate.  I have a couple of other patches that I have picked up in my travels.  I better get sewing and put them on my caching bag. 

 

The next item is very handy for this time of year.  After Bite.  This stuff is awesome.  It helps get rid if the itch you get after you've been bitten by mosquitoes.  I have used this in the past and it does work.  Mosquitoes love me despite the fact that I hate them.  It's a love/hate relationship.  


The last thing out of the box is a reusable mask.  Another very handy item during this pandemic.  I work in a hospital so I'm wearing a mask every day.  Plus, I've been wearing a mask when I go to Walmart (it's mandatory to wear a mask in Walmart now), grocery shopping, or any other merchant.  Better safe than sorry.  It's not just keeping myself safe, but everyone around me safe.  


That's this month's cache crate.  It amazes me what Lookout Lisa will think of to put in each month's crate.  It's always useful items too.  Until next week when I talk about my Adventure Lab cache that I just published, be happy, be safe, wash your hands (you'd be amazed at how many germs are on door knobs, hand rails, etc), wear a mask (wear a geocaching mask and let everyone know you're a geocacher), and most of all, have fun.  Peace out.  


Empty boxes are entertaining for the kitties.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocaching and Patreon

Good morning everyone.  Almost 10 months is completed for the year 2019.  Where has the time gone?  Who has found the most geocaches so far?  In Canada, it's Troqueurs32 with 10,423 finds.  That's almost ten thousand more than me.  Down in the U.S., mondou2 has found 16,743 geocaches.  Locally, 4elements5senses has logged 2,169 finds so far among Manitoba based geocachers.  Tick_Magnet is the top North Dakotan with 2,004. If you follow any of the Geocaching YouTubers (vloggers), podcasters, or bloggers, you may have heard some talking about and thanking their Patreon subscribers.  What exactly is this Patreon that these people are talking about?  Hopefully this week's blog will help you understand the background and connection that these geocaching artists have with Patreon.  Helping me out with this project are two people that I subscribe to.  GeoJangie and Cache the Line, both of whom are Patreon creators. First, a little...

Geocaching and the Trans-Canada Highway Adventure Lab Series

 Good morning everyone.  I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do with this opening paragraph.  It should be something that's interesting, a fun fact about geocaching.  Stay tuned.  Hopefully soon. Last week I mentioned going on an adventure, scouting out places for an Adventure Lab.  Today is the results of that day.   The pictures didn't download in their proper order, so I'll just go with the flow of the pictures and there's plenty of pictures.  The Trans-Canada Highway Adventure Lab Series - Austin MacGregor has ten stages.  I did scout out more than ten locations plus I found a few geocaches as well.  Let's see where last Sunday took me. Four of my stops are at cairns commemorating previous schools or school divisions.  These are things I discovered because of geocaching.  This one is for the Image Hill school.  You don't see the plaque because an answer to a question is on it.  Although, if you look...

Geocaching and May, 2022

Good morning everyone, In the past, I've always wrote about my geocaching experiences first, followed by an update on my weight loss.  This month I'm combining the two since they were intertwined together somewhat.  Now that the weather has finally improved, I can make good on one of my goals.  Ride my bike more this year.  What is more?  I don't think I rode it at all last year, and I couldn't say for sure the year before that.   The first thing I needed to do was buy a helmet.  I'm old school when it comes to wearing a bike helmet.  Didn't grow up wearing one (no one did), so why do I need one now?  I'm not getting any younger and I should look after myself, and that includes wearing a bike helmet. Now that I have a helmet, I'm off to explore bike paths.  That's another thing I didn't have growing up; designated bike paths.  And while I'm out riding my bike, I might stop for a geocache or two or three. ...