Skip to main content

Geocaching and I've Got Mail, pt 2

Good morning everyone.  Continuing with last week's fun fact; the furthest caches in Manitoba (including archived caches) located in the North, West, and South.  To the North, "Gangler's - Northern Pike"  GC327X9.  It had a D/T rating of 5/3.5.  Hidden in July of 2011, it was found twice before being archived in August, 2014.  It's latitude was N58 58.807  To the West, "Builded Better" GC2GGK8.  Hidden in October, 2010 with a rating of 1/1.  It was found 16 times before being archived in September, 2015.  It had a longitude of W101 52.785  Finally, the most Southerly geocache in Manitoba.  "Straight to the Point"  GC206D6.  Hidden in October, 2009 with a 1.5/1.5 rating.  It was found 46 times before being archived in August, 2012.  It's latitude was N49 00.080.

I've been getting some geocaching stuff in the mail over the past couple of months.  More so over the Christmas holidays.  This week, I want to share with you some of the goodies I've received.  I'm going to start with my Patreon goodies.  When you support a geocaching creator, you could get some cool stuff as a thank you for supporting them.  First up is the newest pathtag from GeoJangie.  GeoJangie tries to have a new pathtag every year.  Off the top of my head, I think this is my third pathtag from her.  GeoJangie has her own blog and is the creator of The Geocaching Guild FB page.  If you like reading blogs, that is the place to go.  You can find GeoJangie's blog page here > https://geocachingjangie.com/

(newest GeoJangie pathtag and a personal card)

Next up is Cache The Line.  I received a couple of buttons, a pathtag, and a GCNW trackable.  Also included is a personal card from Cache The Line.  Cache The Line has his own YouTube channel and recently has started a Weekend Awesome Mission (WAM).  You can follow Cache The Line's adventures on his YouTube channel over here > CacheTheLine


My newest creator that I support is Cache Canada.  I got a Cache Canada trackable, pathtag and a personal card.  Cache Canada also has a YouTube channel and I really enjoy watching their 'One Minute Wednesday' videos.  Since they're one minute, I can watch them while on a break at work.  You can find Cache Canada's YouTube channel over here > CacheCanada


As a patreon to The Geocaching Podcast, I received a code that gave me a discount on some of their merchandise.  I used that code to get a new T-shirt.  I need to overhaul my T-shirts as most are getting old and worn.  What better way to do that than some geocaching related T-shirts.  I try to catch the podcast each Wednesday at 8:30pm central.  Sometimes I listen while I'm writing or editing my blogs.  You can catch their podcasts here > TheGeocachingPodcast


Since I'm ordering new T-shirts for myself, I went to Cacher's Corner Store and got myself a Cache The Line T-shirt.  There's plenty of neat stuff at Cacher's Corner Store.  You can check out their site here > https://cacherscornerstore.com/


Recently, I was reading one of GeoJangie's blogs.  In it, she mentioned that she added some new stuff to her 'store'.  I have always liked her logo.  Now it's on a T-shirt.  I didn't waste any time ordering one for myself.  You can find this T-shirt along with other GeoJangie swag here > GeoJangie's store


Add in the Cache Canada T-shirt I got earlier in the year from Cacher's Corner Store, I have a nice collection of geocaching related T-shirts from each of the creators that I support.  I could make an entire blog of geocaching apparel that I own as there's another T-shirt, two hoodies, and a hat that I own.


Do you support any geocaching creators by purchasing their merchandise?  That's it for this week.  Until next time, be happy, hug your geo-pets, be safe, enjoy each day, and most of all, have fun.  Peace out.

(This is my cute, adorable face)

Comments

  1. Wow cool. You really support the community and give back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Geocaching and July, 2022

Good morning everyone.  Last month I was a little late in getting that month's blog published, but this month I want to get this out early.  I'll explain why later. July has been an interesting month.  I've been on a few adventures, rode my bike, and I've been hosting a weekly themed event. July started off with Auntie Mo and myself going on a spur of the moment road trip into the Southeast portion of Manitoba to do an Adventure Lab that takes us to some roadside attractions.  There was other ALs to do as well. (big Buffalo in Grunthal, Manitoba) (big deer in Saint Malo, Manitoba) Later in the month, I tagged along with Auntie Mo as she did the four Adventure Labs in the East part of Winnipeg.  I had done them already, but I couldn't resist giving Auntie Mo a tour of Transcona.  This also helped set her up to be close enough to claim her 800th find while she visits family back home in Nova Scotia.  As I write this, she has reached that milest

Geocaching and Patreon

Good morning everyone.  Almost 10 months is completed for the year 2019.  Where has the time gone?  Who has found the most geocaches so far?  In Canada, it's Troqueurs32 with 10,423 finds.  That's almost ten thousand more than me.  Down in the U.S., mondou2 has found 16,743 geocaches.  Locally, 4elements5senses has logged 2,169 finds so far among Manitoba based geocachers.  Tick_Magnet is the top North Dakotan with 2,004. If you follow any of the Geocaching YouTubers (vloggers), podcasters, or bloggers, you may have heard some talking about and thanking their Patreon subscribers.  What exactly is this Patreon that these people are talking about?  Hopefully this week's blog will help you understand the background and connection that these geocaching artists have with Patreon.  Helping me out with this project are two people that I subscribe to.  GeoJangie and Cache the Line, both of whom are Patreon creators. First, a little background history.  Patreon was co-founded by

Geocaching and April in review

Good morning everyone.  Top favorite mystery cache in Canada is Ex Libris (GC4GZGB) in British Columbia.  Active since 2013, it has been found 722 times and has been given 282 favorite points.  Top favorited mystery cache in Manitoba is Water World (GC4MA6Y).  Active since 2013, it has been found 138 times and has received 99 points.  Top American favorite mystery cache is HQGT Ode to the Golgafrinchan Phone Workers (GC32A0H) in Seattle, Washington.  Active since 2013, found 7,313 times with 2,740 favorite points.  For North Dakota, Factory Outlet (GC576Q1) by trycacheus is the top favorited mystery cache.  Active since 2014, found 114 times and has 71 favorite points. How did everyone do for finding caches in April?  I found 41 caches.  Not exactly a big number like I use to do in the past.  Having my area mostly cached out will lead to fewer finds as I rely on newer caches to be published.  Last year, I did run out when I got the notification for a newly published geocaches nearby.